Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day 7 "West Coast Rock Tour"

 ~ 7th Day ~


Yesterday is still fresh in my heart and mind.

We filled all the seats of the Leigh car and headed to downtown Colorado Springs for church, Downtown New Life. Oh my my, downtown N.L. is just as rockin' as uptown N.L.!!! The continuation of worship...the music..., the continuation of being encouraged, challenged and fed by God's Living Word...the message..., and the continuations of being with beautiful people whom God loves...the fellowship... was AWESOME!!! Love going to new churches and meeting new friend.

                                      

One of those new friends I was finally able to meet in person was the huge-hearted, lovable Laura L. Parker. I felt both shy 'cause I so admire and respect this woman of courage, as well as elated to finally hug this woman who has embraced a calling that is not the typically call.
She and her husband, Matt, are founders of The Exodus Road... which I've talked about before and will continue to bring awareness to. I pray this was the first of many times our paths will merge.

We grabbed lunch at the LarkBurger (think that was the name) and my love for cilantro on anything was confirmed. A stimulating conversation was had between bites that covered what celebrity would we want to converse over dinner with, God's love for us despite our performance, motives behind our actions, our testimonies vs. testifying, and other profound and light topics. I love the minds of all the Leighs... they make me laugh and ponder.
                                     


Felt the need to go for a solo hike. Their house being on the slant of a mountain, I wouldn't have to go far to find a trail. Loaded up my (smaller) backpack and began the assent. Along the path, the peripheral vision of my right eye caught sight of small branches put together to spell a word: LOVE! Don't know who created it or if it was a person at all, but I certainly reaped the benefits of the natural reminder.
                                             


After some huffing and puffing (and detouring from the marked trail), the perfect perching place was found... a fallen pine tree overlooking the magnificent view of the valley and distant mountain range. Forgot to pack my harmonica, but not the Sharpie markers or rocks. Scribed a few rocks for The Exodus Road but honestly, was pretty distracted by the expansive beauty around me.
                                           


It was time to find my way back to the path... didn't choose an easy way on purpose 'cause the notion of getting lost up here was more tantalizing than fearful. Once it was found, I left a rock where someone might see it even if not looking for a reminder from God that they are loved and not forgotten.

                                           


Back at the resort-like Leigh house, excitement was in the air. A group of random (but specific) people had been invited to sit in the cozy living room to have a time of getting to know one another. The next almost 4 hours was amazing. The short documentary video of my story (for God's glory) was shown and a time of question and answer followed. God's Spirit was undeniably leading this time and all credit goes to Him who is the reason the night went as it did. The discussions and conversations with smaller groups of 2-4 people in each might have been more healing, powerful and purposeful than all of us gathered together. 

As the people began to funnel out, the wonderful intensity of the evening began to settle in the need to rest. Hence, why this post is a day behind! And today's events are yet to come... another beautiful, full day of love, joy and purpose.

I'm smiling so wide at the awesomeness of God.
He works all things together for the good.
It's a wonder that He uses us.
Staying willing. 

~Unshakable Peace, Joy and Purpose~
cling to the Rock 
Psalm 18:1-2

No comments: