Monday, July 22, 2013


 ~ 10th Day ~


...Last day at The Exodus Road office and view from the top...


This was kind of a laid back day. 
Yet it was full of projects, putting rocks (+ pebbles) in places, and purpose.

I went back to the Exodus Road office with Kelley mid-morning through the afternoon. I wanted to make more "Free" and "Anna" rocks for them. Yet before my Sharpie markers were pulled out, there was another project to work on... pounding letters into different metals for their gifts to people who help fund the rescues for these precious young ones in slavery.




The first few attempts did not go as well as we hoped, but after some practice, the words came together looking more professional than crafty. I'm excited for these metal pieces to be collected by donors over time, but more so expectant of the innocent children to be gathered in freedom from this cruel bondage. There is a new video on the updates of "Keeping the Rocks in the Jar" athttp://www.theexodusroad.com/update-keep-the-rocks-in-the-jar/ where Laurashares about the awesomeness that is happening right now (and a little pilgrim writing on rocks, is in the background). Please keep this organization in your prayers and volunteer to be a part of the rescue.

After making a ruckus with the hammer, I went out to the parking lot to scribe more rocks. Received some funny looks from the employees at surrounding companies, but I'm getting quite used to the furrowed brows of others. Glad to be outside in the sun, the next few hours were spent with either a Sharpie marker and rock in my hand, or txting people with a map in front of me. Many people wanted to know what day I was coming in, what time, and for how long. I used the word "guesstimate" a lot! My sweet family and friends have extended much grace to this vagabond who doesn't have definitive answers but rather proximations to their questions. 




It was a wonderful "day at the office" and I left a few rocks in random places of the parking lot for people to find on the right day at just the right time. Saying "see you later" to Laura was bittersweet. She inspires me to follow God hard and with a willing abandon. She is light inside and out. She and her husband, Matt (who I pray to cross paths with a later day), are rare people... with a unique calling. The Exodus Road is forever in my heart and I'm "guesstimating" this won't be my last day in their office. 


Back at the beautiful Leigh house, Kelley and I then headed up the mountain in Tumbler. Once we reached one of the highest points, their dog, Seneca (sp?), was not the only one who wanted to frolic around on the Sound Of Music-like mountain top overlooking the magazine worthy view. 
 



This might have been the most purpose-full time in the Colorado Springs area (and that's saying a lot, 'cause there were so many stellar experiences in those 5 days there).

Oh, you want details and topics of conversations up there, huh!?!?
Well, let me just say they were poignant, revealing, and forever etched on my heart and mind... but the memories on top of the mountain are for a potential future book, not this post. That's how awesome is was.
My kindred friend Kelley is someone I can trust with the many pebbles of my past... she holds them with love and confidentiality. Though we don't cross paths often, when we do, it's always a gift to my soul.
I look up to her... and it's not just 'cause she lives on a mountain.


At a lower elevation and back in the cozy room I was borrowed, Tyler Leigh and I had a time of re-connecting (used to baby-sit this now man!). He is going to school to be an engineer and has already done some amazing things with his gifted mind. We share the experience of going to Africa... He helped build a school there. It's so cool to see the man he has become. I love that he wants to use his talents and gifts for the glory of God.
Tyler loves learning... his knowledge is coupled with wisdom.



Kelley and I found our way the the living room couch to continue our conversation and traveled down trails of the past and present... trusting our futures to our God who knows everything and is sovereign to be our Staff.

I'm so grateful we don't have to rely on our own G.P.S. to navigate through the mountains and valleys of life. His love continues to amaze me every gift of another day.

~Unshakable Peace, Trust and Purpose~
cling to the Rock 
Psalm 18:1-2





No comments: